Boys & Girls Basketball Training for 8-11 years old
Rookies Training is the perfect way for boys and girls aged eight to eleven to get involved in basketball and develop their fundamental skills. Whether they love basketball or have never played basketball before, our Rookies Training provides opportunities for boys and girls of all abilities aged between 8 and 11 to learn, have fun and play basketball.
Rookies Training Explained
- A fun, safe introductory program designed for new players aged 8 and 11.
- Weekly 60-minute sessions that build skills through small sided games and simple drills delivered in an engaging and inclusive environment.
- Classes are fun, skill based and packed with fun scrimmage games.
- Every player gets to develop and play, with the prime aim of each session is for children to learn, have fun and build fundamental motor skills.
- Each child also receives a Chemist Warehouse Jersey when they register.
What are the benefits of signing up your children for Rookies Training?
- Make new friends and develop social skills.
- Develop physical control and gross motor skills
- Develop values of teamwork, co-operation, fair play, and respect for others.
- Develop a child’s ability to make quick decisions and improve reaction time.
- Keep healthy by getting active.
- Improved self-confidence.
- Improved balance and co-ordination.
As your child progresses and develops their skills, they will be introduced to playing environments that most suit their stage of development and prepare them for the transition to 5 vs 5 basketball when they are ready.
All players must bring a size 6 basketball and a drink bottle to each session.
Basketballs can be purchased when registering online.